© Content by Léanie Foot 2017. Powered by Blogger.

Follow Us @bluepoinsettia_za

Monday 22 January 2018

Smudge Nail Lacquer - Turqish Delight

Good Day,


How was your weekend?  I hope that you had the chance to chill and that you are well rested for this week!  I'm back with another manicure post today! I'm also taking part in the #52weeknailartchallenge. It's week 3 already, but I know that you can start anytime. The theme for today are "unused polish".

Smudge Nail Lacquer

Some time last year I was flipping through an advertisement from Clicks and I have seen the Smudge range of nail polishes and lip glosses, but I haven't thought so much about it at first until I stroll one day through Clicks beauty section and have notice a wide range of Smudge nail polishes.

Smudge Nail Polish Turqish Delight
Smudge Nail Polish (Photo taken without flash)
So I'm going to review them for you on my blog today.  I have purchased the Turqish Delight nail polish. Firstly I have applied a Base Coat. Always remember to use a Base Coat. This would ensure that your nails won't stain and it would make sure that your nail polish would stick to your nail much better. Think of a Base Coat like sellotape. 

Once my Base Coat was dry I have painted my nails with two thin coats of Turqish Delight. I can honestly tell you that the nail polish glides on and it also dries very quickly.  I loved the applicator brush, makes it so much easier to apply than the rounded ones for me.  I liked the fact that my nails have dried with a very shiny finish.

I have my nail polish on for almost a full week and it's only started to begin to chip. My manicure would last longer if I had painted a Top Coat on top of the nail polish.
 
I always wondered what inspires brand with naming polishes.  So I have made contact and this is their reply:

The colour itself and what it made me think of when looking at it. Basically most names were based on a variation of the common colour name and a play on words.  Some of them was also based on where more iconic assicions with the colour. 
With TURQISH DELIGHT  they had the following to say:

Play on words with Turquoise colour. 
Smudge are exclusively available only at Clicks.  They have a wide selection of polishes and other Smudge cosmetic products like Lip Glosses, Eyeliners and Brow pencils etc.

A great aspect of Smudge are that they are Animal Cruelty free. Smudge is manufactured in France and packed in South Africa.

Have you seen the Smudge brand in Clicks yet? If so have you tried any of their products yet and if so what product?

Take care ladies!







No comments:

Post a Comment